Thursday, December 16, 2010

Got Leftover Pork Roast? Make Green Chili!



I made Pork Roast with potatoes and onions the other night and for some reason the kids were just not that into it.

Rather than try to get them to eat it in the same form (again), I decided to do something different.

I made Green Chili.

I don't have an actual recipe, but all I did was put the remaining roast(maybe 3 servings worth, if that) in a soup pan (yes, this is the one I use and the same kind mom used when I was growing up, it was also known as the "macaroni and cheese pan") and break it up. I also threw in the odd pieces of potato and onion and the juices from the roast pan.
To the leftover meat/veggies, I added a can of green chilies, some water to rinse out the chili can, a can of drained, rinsed navy beans, some cumin(maybe 1 teaspoon +), a sprinkling of oregano and dried cilantro, and salt.















I let this simmer for a bit and voila! Green Chili!

I added a dollop of Daisy Sour Cream, because everything's better with a dollop of Daisy, right? ;)

Yum!

No comments: