Since this is an experiment, and it's only me and my little girl here for dinner tonight, I halved Pioneer Woman's recipe. Here is what I did:
Gluten-Free Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
~1 1/2-2 cups of cooked chicken (I used what I had taken off of the chicken last week and frozen in some homemade broth made from the same chicken)
~half a package of Tinkyada brown rice pasta, broken into 2-3 inch pieces
~1 box Pacific Foods Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup(you could use Cream of Chicken instead)
~1 8oz block of cheese, shredded (reserve enough to top off the casserole)
~1/4 cup + diced green pepper
~1/4 cup diced onion
~1 cup or so of chicken broth
~1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
~1/16-1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
~Salt and Pepper to taste
~A sprinkling of paprika (because I don't stock pimentos in the house, and thought I needed some red color to add pizzaz)
1. Boil your spaghetti until a little al dente (because you will be cooking it further in the oven), preferably in homemade chicken broth (unsalted or lightly salted) or in a mix of commercial stock cut with water to reduce salt content in your cooked noodles.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (except for reserved cheese for the top).
3. Add spaghetti noodles once they are cooked, and add enough water to allow the mixture to stir easily.
4. Pour into greased casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is a bit browned.