Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

I figure I should start off my blog with a proper introduction.

I am a stay-at-home wife and mother of 3 kids. I am originally from Colorado, but have been transplanted to Northwest Ohio where my husband's family resides. We are currently living in the old homestead(est. a bit before 1900, I believe) on part of the acreage his grandpa grew up in and have been attempting to live the simple life here--no easy task!

We have been playing with organic/natural gardening the last 6 or so years, as well as simple animal husbandry(specifically chickens). I have created an herb garden as well that continues year to year.

Since the birth of our third child, my allergies that once presented themselves as mere hayfever decided to move over into the realm of foods and it got to the point that every time I ate I had some sort of reaction. I plan on sharing that journey here as well.

As the oldest of five children raised on a single income, I was raised by a very frugal stay-at-home mother and hard-working dad. I am quite thankful for that in the current economic times and am always looking for ways to save money. I will share what I do in that regard as well.

Thanks for coming, and I hope to share my knowledge with you in the future! :)

2 comments:

Stephenie Kettler said...

Welcome to the blogsphere! I just found your husbands website today. I am looking forward to many future pearls of wisdom from your new site!

Tanya said...

Thank you! Hope you enjoy reading! :)