Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Much Needed Update

I know I have been absent for a few months. Life has gotten busier and I've not had the time to write here. Sorry!

I've been writing for an online prepping site and have taken a part-time job at the local library. These things, on top of the otherwise normal things that need doing around here, have swallowed up most of my time.  We are still adjusting to the changes from my being a SAHM since our first child was born, to my working outside the home these days.

Being a librarian's assistant, I have found many books to read.  Unfortunately, I now have far less time to read them!  Here's my current stack:

My husband, Randy, has also been busy working his usual printing job, writing, and last weekend decided to take on the task of cutting down the eyesore of our broken pine tree from the big storm we had last summer. Bonus: a bit of firewood. :)

Here is my hubby and our daughter, trying to cut it using the old saw (our oldest boy ran off when the camera came out, lol):
 

He left the stump at that height, and I think this spring/summer I will use it as a platform to feed the birds and maybe later put a heavy pot of trailing plants on it.  I'm going to have to make sure it's good and heavy, because I don't want any coons climbing up and knocking it off!


As far as gardening, I haven't gotten very far. We are still in freezing temps here and I feel it's too early to plant even peas.  Maybe in a week or two...  I have purchased some seeds but have yet to write out my gardening plan for this year. It's on the list...

Allergy-wise, I feel I've been struggling again.  Not horribly, itchy skin mostly.  We've been dealing with strep in the household, so it could be I am fighting something and my immune system is just taxed... Trying to eat simply and get through it.

That's all for now! If you're still reading, I thank you for that!


2 comments:

Hanne Moon said...

You book stack looks like mine! LOL I don't have time to read anymore either... except what I have to for work. There are so many novels and Bible studies and history books and gardening books and on and on that I want to get into, but right now... {{{sigh!!}}} I'll just let the stack keep on growing and one day... :)

Tanya said...

:)