Friday, October 18, 2013

Meet Heather: Mesothelioma Survivor!

Today I would like to share with you a story from one of my readers by the name of Heather.  She is a wife, mother, and a mesothelioma survivor. When her daughter was 3 ½ months old, she was diagnosed with this rare and deadly cancer, and given 15 months to live.  Her prognosis was grim, but she knew that she needed to beat the odds for her newborn daughter, Lily.  It’s been 7 years now and she feels that it is her duty to pay it forward and inspire others.

Her words: "I clung on to hope throughout my whole journey with mesothelioma. When you have hope, it makes the battle easier.  I want people to be inspired by me, I want to make them fight; give them something to hold on to when all else fails. That is why I do it.  If I inspire one person, I've done my job.

I'm using my personal story to help raise awareness of this little known cancer, and to provide a sense of hope for others facing life’s difficult challenges."

You can read more and watch a video of her telling her story here:
http://www.mesothelioma.com/heather



If you want more information about mesothelioma treatment, you can find it here: www.mesothelioma.com/treatment

For any of us who are struggling with mesothelioma, or any other health issue, I think we can take some inspiration from Heather's words at the end of the video: "Don't give up. Don't take a death sentence as a diagnosis. There is hope."


What an amazing outlook on life. Thanks for sharing your story with us, Heather!

No comments: