Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Garden's Not Doin' So Good

We used new seed this year, so I know that is not the reason our rows of veggies aren't popping up and filling out and flourishing...

We did plant a month late, so the warmth of the days *might* be effecting germination.  I made sure to water, and it's rained off and on this past week...

But I have another theory as well.  My bean rows are rather sparse, and picked-upon.
Hubby was mowing and called me over to check something out in the grass.....I do believe that we may have found a Guilty Party:

Ok, maybe not these guys (aren't they cute?)(grumble-grumble), but definitely the parents.


And we also suspect the descendants of this guy (hubby has taken care of 5 in the last 2 weeks!):
Mr. Groundhog


*sigh* This may just be The Year of Slim-Pickin's....I'm going to go try to fill the gaps with more seed....

1 comment:

River Glorious said...

My seeds are germinating, but since I don't know the first thing about gardening, I'm not even sure what I planted where. I guess I have a Surprise Garden. :)

ambar