Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Can I really feed a family of 5 on $450/month?

As you know, I did not do posts for the month of January pertaining to grocery shopping and menu planning.

And guess what? I went over. Of course, the $40 of pork loin, going to "the cheap grocery store" and stocking up on a lot of miscellaneous food stuff, and taking the kids with me and giving in to junk food didn't really help.

It just goes to show that in order to stay within budget, I cannot lose my focus....and sometimes it's good to go over if it is for a good deal and will help in the next month or two (pork loin I bought this month...turkeys I got a few  months ago, bread and bagels, oatmeal,  etc).

I have had some comments in favor of continuing the grocery posts/menu plans, so I will try to keep that up.  I may not stay within budget every month, but for me, putting my purchases on my blog is a good way to keep me accountable. :)

See you in February!

No comments: