Last night I made pizza. I made a Butternut Squash pizza for myself (that I actually like), and I made a veggie pizza for the rest of the family.
I used separate pans, and made mine first and baked it before making and baking the family's pizza.
The family's pizza contained the following of my allergens: Garlic, Tomatoes, Peppers, Mushrooms.
As I was making/baking their pizza, I experienced the mild stinging in my face and the little shooting sparks of pain, but it went away.
We ate our dinner. I was doing fine allergy-wise. Then, while I was cleaning up, I picked up a piece of the Butternut left on the pan and ate it....and had near immediate itchy ears and throat, sneezing, runny nose, and tons of gook down the back of my throat. Ugh! There had to have been some cross-contamination between the two pans, probably garlic, and my body obviously still doesn't like it. I got over it within the hour without taking any Benadryl, but it wasn't fun.
I think the trees are pollinating now, as I have had random bouts of itchy palate/ears/sneezing/runny nose the last day or two. Or, it could also be the new dishwasher soap I got(Ecover). I had to get a different brand at the health food store since they were out of the brand I have been using with little/no problems. I have found that Wave dishwasher detergent in Lavender scent seems to give me the least trouble. I think the Ecover brand is giving me problems(coconut?).
So, with the trees pollinating and the potential dishwashing detergent problem, my allergy 'bucket' is probably full to brimming. It sure didn't take much of whatever was on the Butternut (a tiny granule of garlic powder?) for me to react!
I can't wait until Tuesday, my next AAT appointment, when I plan to have Trees treated! Hopefully it will drain the bucket so I can have fewer and fewer reactions!