Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Recipe: GF Pizza Crust



Last night I tried this recipe for Perfect Primal Gluten Free Pizza Crust. It took basic ingredients(w/o "gums" and other additives--a definite plus in my book), and was easy and quick.

The original recipe is above. Here is what I actually did:

GF Pizza Crust
~4 eggs
~1/3 cup coconut flour, sifted (I used Bob's Red Mill --from the health food store in the refrigerated section)
~1/3 cup flax meal(I use 1/3 cup whole flax and ground it in my bella kitchen mixer
~1/2 cup milk (I used 2%, rbgh-free milk--just a smidge over 1/2 cup to make my batter flow better)
~Seasonings of choice(I used garlic, oregano, and basil)

Set oven to 350*.
Mix the above until well combined. It should look like pancake batter.

Pour onto parchment paper on a pan into desired shape and bake 10 minutes.
Flip, bake 10 minutes longer. 

REMOVE FROM PARCHMENT PAPER and return crust to pan.

Set broiler on High.

Put desired toppings on pizza and broil about 1 minute--check on it, as you don't want to burn your pizza!


Notes:
I think the original recipe said to broil it on the parchment paper. Bad idea--and good thing I was checking on my pizza, as the paper was actually charring and close to igniting! Hence my CAPITALS to let you know to take it off the parchment paper. ;-)

The guy in the video must have used a smaller pan than I used, as I was thinking this would make twice what it did. Turns out it worked ok for hubby and I--we actually had some left over for his lunch today! (and we didn't gorge ourselves last night like we might of had it made more)

No comments: