Monday, May 9, 2011

Fell off the Gluten-free/Nightshade-free Wagon...Day 1 Gluten-Free/Tomato-Free

Yep, you heard me. I fell off the wagon. I made it 8 weeks and 2 days.  The "test" that was Friday made me decide to go back to eating Gluten-free on Saturday(thought I did have some chili pepper that day--but no tomatoes) and intending to be back on the wagon.

BUT

I didn't take into account Mother's Day.

Hubby and I were invited to go to a Chinese buffet for lunch after church, and I am fairly certain I got gluten there(though I am telling myself the lo mein noodles were buckwheat soba noodles....not made of wheat....lalalalalalala). I know for a fact I got peppers there. The Thai chicken had both jalapenos and red pepper flakes in it and the first tiny bite made my nose itch so I stopped eating that kind of chicken. I did have plenty of other foods that had peppers and maybe some tomato in the sauces.

I felt fine after that meal. Full, but fine.

Last night, the kids wanted to take me to Denny's with the IL's, so we went. Denny's isn't very helpful at all with making their food information easily available, but I think I probably did ok with the mushroom and swiss chopped steak, the sauteed spinach with bacon(sans the pico de gallo) and the hashbrowns. Again, I felt fine after this meal as well.

I'm not having the usual token stomach/belly pains I have had in the past, but I AM rather bloated.....and not very regular, if you know what I mean.  My left hand is still a bit tender, but I spent much of Saturday doing yardwork(chopping down bushes) so that may have exacerbated what I did to it earlier.

Today, I am back on the Gluten-free wagon for sure. And the Tomato-free wagon. I will be watching my body when I have peppers/potatoes for adverse reactions but am going to tentatively add them in here and there(definitely not on a regular basis yet). I'm not sure I mentioned it before, but I remember now that when I had the pizza on Friday, I did have some of that "something in my throat" feeling. I don't recall having that yesterday, so I am thinking it's a tomato-reaction for me.

I go in later this week for a chiro/allergy treatment. We'll see how it goes/what I find out!

No comments: