Tuesday, December 6, 2011

RECIPE: GF Cereal Snack Mix

This mix has been a staple for me since the weather has cooled (and the cereal has gone on sale and I've had coupons).  I altered the Kellogg's Crispix Mix recipe to make it Gluten Free.

Here's how I make it:

GF Cereal Snack Mix
  • 7-8 cups Rice or Corn Chex (or other suitable GF cereal--Corn Chex is likely GMO but I haven't found a substitute for it other than to use only Rice Chex)
  • 1 cup Gluten-Free Pretzels (I have used Glutino's, but am open to trying other options)
  • 3 TB butter, melted
  • 4 tsp GF Worchestershire Sauce (Meijer brand is GF, as is Lea and Perrin's)
  • 2 tsp Lemon Juice (I used Lime juice today)
  • 1/4 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/4 tsp onion salt (I only  have garlic and onion powder so I use 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp each garlic and onion pwd)

1. Heat oven to 250*.
2. Put cereal and pretzels in a 9x13 pan.
3. Mix remaining ingredients, pour over cereal and stir.
4. Place in oven for 20 mins, stir, then put back in for about 30 mins, stirring after about 15mins. 
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
6. Store in airtight container.

Munch!

No comments: