Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 2012 Menu Planning

I know I'm coming in late on the Menu Planning, but better late than never, right?

First I will let you know what we had for dinner last week, to the best of my recollection.

April 2012: Week 1 Dinner Menu

Monday: Hamburgers (bread for bun, mine was with Udi's but I now know I'd rather not use a bread product at all), Ore Ida Fries (yeah, I wimped out....but since I tested weak to the local grocer's potatoes and The Food Store was out of the organic potatoes that I tested fine with, I opted to take my chances with the Ore Ida GF option)

Tuesday: Macaroni Turkey Bake (using this recipe and tweaking it, making a Cream Soup Base....tweaking that to make it GF, using King Arthur GF Flour Mix), Romaine Salad, fresh veggie tray

Wednesday: Turkey Salad and Chips, Sandwiches for kids who wanted bread

Thursday: A.J.'s Heavenly Pizza

Friday: Hamburgers, Romaine Salad, Sweet Potato w/butter, sour cream, sprinkling of cinnamon sugar


April 2012: Week 2 Dinner Menu

Monday: Hamburger Rice Stroganoff, Romaine Salad (onions, mandarin oranges, slivered almonds as options), baby carrots and leftover chocolate cake for dessert

Tuesday: Hamburgers, Ore Ida Tater Tots, Romaine Salad and leftover dessert(tonight should take care of it!)

Wednesday: Sandwiches (egg salad, using Hain Pure Foods Safflower Mayo-no GMO's and less 'fake' ingredients), Terra Sweets & Beets Chips

Thursday: Pork Roast from the freezer, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Romaine Salad

Friday: Nachos "Grande" or Taco Salad, kids' choice. Using local ground beef, homemade taco seasoning (no GMO corn or gluten).

Saturday/Sunday: I may make a big pot of White/Green Chili using a lot of the leftover Pork Roast. And Cornbread! I might also make some pulled pork sandwiches, but am not sure the meat is fatty enough to do that...and the tomatoes in the sauce might get to us...we shall see...


April 2012: Week 3 Dinner Menu (Tentative, from what we have in the house now...)

Monday: Crockpot___________ or an Oven-Timed____________...Baked Spaghetti?

Tuesday: Bagel Pizzas for the kids (the kids hate the mini bagels and won't eat them for breakfast, so they might become the base for an easy dinner.) Some sort of meat, sauteed green beans/mushrooms/onions/garlic for hubby and I.

Wednesday: Sandwiches, fruit/veggies? Hummus?

Thursday: Hamburger Rice Stroganoff, maybe....or....something else... Meatballs? Meatloaf? Quinoa? Broccoli?

Friday: Homemade Pizza? "Fancy" sandwiches and chips and ice cream treat?

No comments: