Friday, May 11, 2012

Hatching Day 2: May 11, 2012

All day yesterday we had only one chick running around in the incubator. Two of the eggs had the first pip by the afternoon, but there was no more action until bedtime. Perhaps it was too noisy for them and they were too scared to come out?

At any rate, once the kids were put to bed, 2 more chicks hatched out.

When I got up this morning and went down to look, we had 7 chicks total! They are clamoring about in there pretty good, bumping into the other eggs, so I think I will prepare a box to move them into. I was going to wait another day, but these guys are crazy! As soon as they detect movement, they run over to the edge of the incubator where they see us looking in, all giddy and excited. It kind of reminds me of the movie, Independence Day, with all the people at the top of the skyscraper, staring up at the UFO's. LOL


I'll be back later with more pics! :)


Checking out the wall decoration, lol!