Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hatching Day: May 10, 2012

Today, May 10, is Hatching Day on the calendar. Yesterday I heard a few peeps in the pantry, where the incubator is sitting. Today, I came downstairs to find one very talkative egg with one pip. Soon, we will have at least one Light Sussex chick!

I am using my oldest kid's iPod to take some video.
I will try to post some video through the course of the day. It takes forever to publish to Youtube and I'm afraid I will miss something going on in the incubator, lol! :)

In the meantime, here's a few teaser pics:


First Pip


Chick #1

Chick #1, pose 2

I'll be back later today with an update! :)


Update:
Here is the video of the little chick in the pics above, hatching. The noise is the background is us getting the kids around and out the door for school. :)

No comments: