Friday, May 4, 2012

May 2012 Menu Planning

Last night and this morning, I sat down and went over what I bought and what I had in the house and made a menu for the month of May. I still have the pork tenderloin in the fridge to do something with, and it's not specifically incorporated into my menu. I have a lot of chicken in the menu, and I might sub some pre-cooked pork meat for chicken on some days. I might also make chili or pulled pork for the weekend.

This week's menu was posted earlier this week over here. I deviated from it a little bit (didn't make No-Bake cookies, had a fresh salad instead of Tailgate Salad, and made Dahl on Weds night for those who didn't want sandwiches--and hubby took leftover Dahl to work the next day)

Breakfasts and Lunches will generally stay the same as I posted earlier.

Snacks will consist of the following, in many combinations:
  • Apples+protein (nut butter, nuts, cheese)
  • Carrots/Celery sticks with Hummus
  • Dried fruit and nuts
  • Frozen Fruit
  • Frozen Veggies (son #1 loves to eat frozen peas/peas and carrots)
  • Watermelon
  • Nachos w/grated cheese
  • Chips and Salsa/bean dip/hummus
  • Cheese Stick
  • Pudding cups
  • Rice Snacks
  • Possibly chips/cheese curls as a treat

And if/when I get around to making them...
  • Granola Bars
  • Cookies (oatmeal chocolate chip? No-Bake?)
  • Fruit Smoothies/Healthier Orange Drink (w/Kefir)

May 2012 Week 2 Dinners:
  • Taco Salad (chopped lettuce, seasoned browned beef, onions, sour cream, black or refried beans, broken up tortilla chips)
  • Colorful Chicken Casserole (new recipe I am going to try making GF, from Taste of Home: Freezer Pleasers), fried or mashed potatoes, Romaine Salad
  • Tuna Salad, Chips, Apples
  • Chicken Tenderloins, Sauteed Green Beans, Rice?, Veggie Tray/Salad
  • Mexican Layered Dip and Tortilla Chips
May 2012 Week 3 Dinners:
  • Crockpot Mac 'n Cheese (or Quinoa 'n Cheese?), nitrate free hot dogs, Veggie tray/Salad
  • Chicken Enchiladas, Salad, veggie
  • Tuna Salad, Chips, Apples
  • Hamburgers, Homemade Fries, Tailgate Salad
  • Pizza (frozen for the family, homemade GF for myself)

May 2012 Week 4 Dinners:
  • Stir-fry Chicken, Veggies, Rice
  • Baked Beans (cold?), Cornbread
  • Hamburger Stroganoff (rice or noodles) with mushrooms, Salad
  • Roasted Chicken, Green beans, Salad/Veg tray
  • Chicken Salad, Chips, Apples
May 2012 Week 5 Dinners:
  • Hamburgers, Tailgate Salad, Chips
  • Chicken Enchiladas, Salad, Veggie
  • Dahl over Rice
  • Creamy Chicken 'n Mushrooms (another new recipe I am going to try making GF, from Taste of Home: Freezer Pleasers), Salad

I am sure I will deviate from my plan/switch it up a bit, but at least I know that I have most all of the makings for the above menu in the house (minus some veggies that I still need to get!)

No comments: