Wednesday, September 14, 2011

RECIPE: Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars


I went on a baking frenzy yesterday and as I was baking for the whole rest of the family, I really kind of wanted some sort of yummy treat for myself.

Awhile back, I made Chocolate Chip Cookies for the kids, only I didn't want to deal with all the making-of-the-cookies. I pressed the Dough in my Pampered Chef 11 x 17 baking sheet and baked it 20-25 minutes or so. This went over well with the kids, and it took a lot less time/trouble to make.

So....I figured I would try this same basic recipe out and sub the GF flour I've had on hand.

Here's what I did:

Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

2 1/4 cups of GF Flour Mix (I used Bob's Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour)

1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

2 cups or so of chocolate chips

Set oven to 375*.


Mix dry ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) and set aside.
Cream the butter and sugars. Add the vanilla and 2 eggs and continue to mix. Add your flour mixture and mix until combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.


Press/Smooth into a pan. I used a 9 x 13 pan this time, but I think the 11 x 17 would have baked up even better. Experiment and see which way you like it best!


Bake 20-25 minutes if you are using the larger pan. If you use the 9 X 13 pan, you will need to add additional minutes due to the thicker cookies.


Remove from oven when browned on the top and not wobbly in the center. 

Cool, and cut into squares.


Enjoy!

Note:  Mine turned out a little more crumbly than regular cookies, but they are oh-so-yummy!

No comments: