Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dehydrating More Vegetables: Update

I thought you all might like to see how the veggies turned out this last time. :)

The corn is very crispy and hard. Even the "slices".




The cucumbers were a bit leathery still, so I put them in longer at around 135*. Same with the green beans. Leathery is fine; I am just experimenting to see if I can get them crisp and more like chips.  I gave a dehydrated cucumber to my oldest, who closely inspected and then ate it. He said, "Mommy, that dried cucumber you gave me rehydrated in my mouth! It was weird!" He makes me laugh. :)








I used about half of these green beans (I know they are purple here--they green up when they are cooked) in the turkey soup I made for my lunches this week. I just tossed them in as the soup simmered.  I could hardly tell the difference, once cooked.


I plan on putting more of my green beans from the garden in the dehydrater sometime today.  I rather like drying them, and saving some freezer space for when I come across good deals on meat and other foods.

No comments: